Itinerary Day By Day
Day 1 School - Gold Coast (Overnight Travel)
A mid-morning departure, with express travel to the Gold Coast, stopping where and when necessary.
Day 2 Gold Coast
Arrive on the Gold Coast mid-morning. Then it’s off to Wet’n’Wild to get the kinks of long-distance travel out of your system.
Check into your accommodation for the next three nights.
Day 3 Gold Coast
Jellurgal Aboriginal Cultural Centre (guided tour – 3 hours)
Today's visit includes:
- Amphitheatre presentation of traditional life
- Live Indigenous Dance troupe performace
- Burleigh Mountain walk (including welcome ceremony, dreamtime story and guided walk)
- Yarning circle (students and staff will have the opportunity to ask questions covering topics surrounding First Nations People)
This afternoon visit the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, the Gold Coast's leading native wildlife and coastal rainforest experience with hundreds of native Australian animals on display in natural bush land and rainforest surroundings. Enjoy the many presentations on birds within our environment.
Also available for an additional cost:
- Treetop Challenge: located inside the Sanctuary the TreeTop Challenge includes 11 ziplines (all safety equipment is supplied, and participants are instructed on how to use before beginning the course. Qualified supervisors are always present throughout to ensure safety). Closed in shoes must be worn.
Day 4 Gold Coast - Tangalooma
Today you will travel by boat out to Tangalooma and Moreton Island to learn about the marine life that live in these waters.
a desert safari tour with sand tobogganing plus time to explore the island.
(You may wish to extend your day and include a dolphin feed at the end of the day – at additional cost).
Day 5 Gold Coast - Express Overnight Travel
After breakfast, transfer to IFLY for indoor skydiving. The IFLY wind tunnel teaches students about gravity, mass, drag and terminal velocity. Students will conduct experiments with objects in the wind tunnel as well as participate in a lecture about the maths, science, design, and technology behind it all. Students will have the opportunity to defy gravity by flying.
This afternoon begin your overnight journey back to school.
Day 6 School
Arrive back at school late afternoon.