Our Italy by Rail is specifically designed around ‘Integrated Learning’ principles. The first three nights are in Rome, then onto Florence (three nights), then Venice (two nights) before spending your final night in Milan. All travel throughout the cities is by high speed train.
Highlights of the program include:
- A visit to Vatican City, Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon
- Walking tour of Ancient and/or Baroque Rome
- Three nights experiencing the glorious Renaissance city of Florence
- Exploring the canals and galleries of Venice
- Experiencing Milan, the fashion capital of Italy
Students will be staying at GET approved hotels throughout your trip, well located to stations and attractions. This popular itinerary can be complimented with the addition of language lessons, guided tours and cooking classes in any city you choose.
The itinerary provides plenty of time for students to explore key historical sites, local laneways and shops while experiencing the wonderful art, food and customs of the local Italians.
Many of our schools incorporate the following tour extension options, please ask us for more details:
- Language and homestay in Siena or Como – enjoy 6 nights homestay and 15 hours of language lessons
- Language lessons throughout Italy
- Art lessons in Florence – very popular with our art groups
Experienced Italian teachers can lead this tour, however we recommend the services of our experienced tour guides in certain locations – information on request.